Search This Blog

Monday 8 January 2018

Holiday Blues

It's so sad,
I've got the holiday blues.
I'm struggling with the fact
I've got no holiday news.
It's only January -
It's rainy and it's cold.
I swear the nights are lengthening
Despite what we've been told.
The sky outside is like my mood
They're both just dull and grey.
The only question on my mind:
When will we go away?
Alas, the truth is that I still
Have ten more months to wait.
Ten more months until I'm stood
At the departure gate.
Ten more months until I see
The sun and feel its heat.
Ten more months until I feel
The sand beneath my feet.
'When are you next on holiday?'
Too many people ask.
'October,' I reply
Behind my I'm-not-bothered mask.
'You'll go on holiday before October!'
I hear you shout.
Indeed we will, of course we will,
Of that there is no doubt.
But currently, October is
The only one we've booked.
We've other hols in mind but so far
All we've done is looked.
We can't do more than look until
We've actually got some money.
Until that point all I can do
Is dream of somewhere sunny.
I love to have a holiday
To which I can look forward.
It keeps me feeling positive,
It stops me feeling bored.
But how can I look forward without one booked?
That's not the deal!
Unless a holiday's confirmed,
It simply isn't real!
So what to do? How am I going
To chase the blues away?
The answer's easy: sod the money,
Book a holiday!

2 comments: